Sunway Oxbridge Essay Competition 2016

Hello students ツ Let's join in Sunway Oxbridge Essay Competition 2016. Open to all secondary school students using the Malaysia syllabus.

CATEGORY A: Form1-3
Write an essay in 350 words or less on "What is the importance of having Unity in Diversity?"

CATEGORY B: Form4-5
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall" please expand on this theme in 650 words or less.

1st Prize
RM5,000 cash, Sunway Bursary valued at RM20,000*
Award Certificate, Trophy and 10,000 Sunway Pals points.

2st Prize
RM3,000 cash, Sunway Bursary  valued at RM15,000*
Award Certificate, Trophy and 10,000 Sunway Pals points.

3st Prize
RM1,000 cash, Sunway Bursary valued at RM10,000*
Award Certificate, Trophy and 10,000 Sunway Pals points.

Consolation X10
RM500 cash, Sunway Bursary valued at RM5,000*
Award Certificate, Medan and 10,000 Sunway Pals points.

All participants are entitled to a certificate of participation endorsed by the Ministry of Education. Special prize for the school with the most entries submitted.


Online submission
9 April 2016 - 8 May 2016, by 1.00pm

Release of Finalists' Results
23 May 2016

On-site Finals
11 June 2016

Release of Winners' Results
24 June 2016

Prize Giving Ceremony
23 July 2016


9 Tips for Effective Essay Writing :

*Analyse the topic.

*Brainstorm ideas and key words.

*Choose your angle, view and main point.

*Decide on the thesis statement (a concise summary of the main point of yous essay) and topics for supporting paragraphs.

*Engage the reader. Think of your audience as you organise linked sentences.

*Find good details and examples to back up your idea.

*Go through your draft. Get it hanging together. Make it cohesive.

*Have another look after writing. Then another read. Rework the writing.

*Inspire your reader with an interesting introduction and a clear conclusion.


Sebarang info sila layari :
http://sunway.edu.my/essay/

Comments

  1. I am Wilson Yap, my gmail address and password cannot be accepted in Microsoft word outbook, so how can I know the details about sunway oxbridge ceremony 2016?? Can tell me the duration? I know it on 2016, July 23. Thankss you.. I am not a winner but a participant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wilson , you can check sunway's link above . Thank you 😇

      Delete
    2. Hello Wilson , you can check sunway's link above . Thank you 😇

      Delete
  2. How can I checked either my essay have been sent it not because my teacher can't find mine in that competition.. Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry bcuz I didn't know about this ... I think maybe you should ask your teacher to call them directly...

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry bcuz I didn't know about this ... I think maybe you should ask your teacher to call them directly...

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'd just like to ask what are the on site finals like? What did they test them on the previous years?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 4 Bundle in Alor Setar, Kedah

NOVELAH - APLIKASI YANG MENGUNTUNGKAN (DUIT)

Biodata Asyalliee a.k.a Syasya Solero